<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14615371\x26blogName\x3d%60\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://ridewithnickmartin.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://ridewithnickmartin.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4175790222663821540', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Live and Learn





It has been a whole year since my last Moab adventure. It feels like just yesterday that I was moaning about going out and doing another lap. As I scroll through the pics from last year, I can feel the excitement building. In a matter of a couple days an entire city is erected in the desert to house one of the craziest cycling events of the year.

The more events like this I do, the more I learn from my mistakes. To prep, I have been sleeping in till 11 daily and packing in early. Mentally I am ready and waiting (waiting is the hardest part).....



I am lucky to have a teammate like Brian "I Live To Make You Suffer" Smith. Ask anyone in Gunny, Brian only knows one speed....Too hard (that is why B-Man trains solo).



And where Brian goes, his trusty side-kick Max follows.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jordan Peterson said...

Your doing a duo?

8:32 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

Nick,
You know how much I do NOT like anticipating these 24 hour events as it isn't natural or healthy to stress one's body to such extremes...especially racing 24 hour solos or duos. BUT...that's my boy, so I spend my early mornings in prayer, knowing you are HIS and lying my worries at HIS feet! On the other hand, I realize I must support your endeavors, so wish you the very best and am excited that you are excited!! May your bodies be strong, your minds be focused, and your clothes be dry! I am thankful for your strong pit crew and mechanics...and thank them ahead of time for being there for you! I'll be watching you online. Be sure to post the site! Best wishes to you and Brian for a safe, fast and winning race!
Hugs,
Mom

3:47 AM  
Blogger Stephen D. Zepeda said...

I see that you added the word verification! :)

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home