<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14615371\x26blogName\x3d%60\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://ridewithnickmartin.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://ridewithnickmartin.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4175790222663821540', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, March 17, 2006

Real Men Bonk

For some reason I thought today it would be ok to roll the MTB on the roadies group ride. Three hours later, hating the rolling resistance and draping my tongue over my top tube, I bonked.



It had been a while since I had paid a visit to the "pain cave" so I guess I was due. The epic bonk isn't as bad when you have views like this to console you (however I would have much rather been consoled by a nice cup of coffee and a warm muffin). I managed to get within a mile of my home before I had to run into the gas station and mow down 3 PayDay candy bars.



Views from the pack.... Thanks Becker, for always keepin things in perspective.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

MTB + Road Group Ride = Podium spots!

4:42 AM  
Blogger Stephen D. Zepeda said...

You know I do both... and I never get a podium spot ;)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Bill said...

Ah, payday to the rescue! I know someone who bonked hard in southern WI and ended up eating field corn. Im with you in opting for the coffee and a nice warm muffin. Keep pushin!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

Did you purposely choose "paydays?" Quite appropriate, wouldn't you say? Mothers don't like to hear about these things though! Where is that energy goo when you need it?

6:44 PM  
Anonymous C$ said...

that's my leg! I must have made it. I'm on Martini's website. Special thanks to Christian (Crinny) Dean for the custom decal work.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Corey Carlson said...

Hey,

There's going to be a crit in Greeley on Saturday. Email me for the flyer coreycrlsn@hotmail.com or at least pass that email on to anyone you know that may be interested. Thanks a lot.

10:58 PM  
Anonymous GrinchMan said...

Dude, you calling me a roadie? I'm a dirty guy. Rolling the knobbies very soon, but not soon enuf. Ride strong down there in Az!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home