<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14615371\x26blogName\x3d%60\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://ridewithnickmartin.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://ridewithnickmartin.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4175790222663821540', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, March 20, 2006

California Dream'n



One minute, I was ignoring the severe weather warning for Boulder County, ripping some of our city's finest urban single track.



The next minute, I was waist deep in wet mountain roads, cursing winter. My Mom called on the celly as I was freezing my butt off, I told her "ah, don't worry, I am on this road I have ridden a hundred times and it is barely snowing". Well actually, I was soaked to the bone and couldn't see 20 feet in front of me.... visions of her 80 degree pool pulled me through.

I honestly think that next winter I am renting an RV and moving to California for the winter months. I am turning a little soft in my aging years. If anyone has a sweet place to park an RV in CA, let me know!

Btw, check it out.... my wheelie-gene deficiency has made local news!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

You know my philosophy at times like these: "What mama doesn't know won't hurt her!" But, I knew. Something about a mother's intution when it comes to her kids....grown or not....always her "kids." Glad you are setting your sights on warmer country. You've always told me a change of scenery is good and I respect that. Go for it! As far as the wheeling...you gotta love this quote: "Fisher watches Martin's attempts, as Martin pedals two or three strokes before toppling over sideways.

"The side-to-side balance is the hardest part," Fisher says. "Lock your arms and just hang on to the handlebar. Throw your knees out rather than steering."

On Martin's next try, his front wheel stays up for six pedal strokes, and a big grin emerges.

"Yeah, you're getting it," Fisher calls out.

Another cyclist is on his way to overcoming the wheelie-gene deficiency."

YES! Six pedal strokes...Won't be long and it will be the entire block. Hey, there's nothing wrong with those genes!!

2:54 AM  
Blogger LilSis356 said...

HEY-Do you think you're sister who didn't learn to ride a bike until she was 10 years old could have the wheelie gene hidden down there somewhere??
:-)
hehe...maybe you can teach me that when I come to visit! I'm sure you'd get a REAL good laugh watching me!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Your family is great! But I like the wheelie gene theory. That way, I can blame my flailing attempts on my parents.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home