<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\07514615371\46blogName\75%60\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75SILVER\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://ridewithnickmartin.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://ridewithnickmartin.blogspot.com/\46vt\75-4175790222663821540', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, April 10, 2006

Anaerobic Distractions



After two disappointing days rolling around in Sea Otter's sand box, I finally felt like we had a chance to race. Yesterday's big show was barely one step shy of a World Cup field and I managed to pop my best result in a Big League XC to date, 21st overall, 6th American.



I had to try to maintain my focus throughout the race as I would look around and see only the world's best World Cup talent. "Oh, boy here we go again".... But this time it was different, I actually felt comfortable. At one point Adam Craig turned around and said "Nick "F@#%ing" Martini what the hell are you doing up here" I replied, "Catching you!". It's on boys....



Here's to getting dirty!



There are all kinds of bike geek distractions out here at the Otter.... I never thought I would say this, but this picture makes me wonder if it is a bummer we are powered by Shimano.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jordan Peterson said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Funniest thing I ever heard.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous michael said...

Nick, it was cool to see you and happy to hear that you did well in the xc.
-MIchael (the kid from the short track race)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Stephen D. Zepeda said...

all I can see is "powered sram"

5:31 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

I don't know what the heck you are powered by, but whatever it is...keep filling up!! You are on a roll and I'm so happy for you! Hey...time for some new shoes...ones that don't crunch the toes?! Hello to Adam Craig! I'm lovin' the fact that you are right up there with him. Much respect.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Now there's a reason to switch to SRAM.

BTW, congrats on your performance Nick. Good job!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Stephen D. Zepeda said...

haha I like that your mom said "much respect."

6:09 AM  
Blogger Marty said...

Nice work, Nick!! Those Euros better watch their backs.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick! Man you are really kickin some ass this year. I almost feel proud to know you now. Seriously man, awesome work.
See you when you get back into the republic.
Marcus

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats the nicest sram component i've ever seen. i would be very disctracted during a race if i saw that.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home